One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A surgical procedure for female sterilization which involves severing and tying the fallopian tubes.‘some women experience increased menstrual pain following a tubal ligation’mass noun ‘occasionally, tubal ligation is performed immediately after childbirth’
- ‘None the less, for various reasons, vasectomy procedures are less common than tubal ligation procedures in most countries.’
- ‘Operations on women are commonly called tubal ligation, as the procedures aim to occlude or ‘ligate’ the Fallopian tubes.’
- ‘The surgeon also completed a tubal ligation during the procedure.’
- ‘A tubal ligation is a surgical sterilization technique for women in which the fallopian tubes are closed or tied.’
- ‘Female sterilisation involves blocking or cutting the fallopian tubes that carry the egg from the ovaries to the womb, a procedure known as tubal ligation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.