Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical procedure for female sterilization which involves severing and tying the fallopian tubes.‘some women experience increased menstrual pain following a tubal ligation’mass noun ‘occasionally, tubal ligation is performed immediately after childbirth’
- ‘The surgeon also completed a tubal ligation during the procedure.’
- ‘Operations on women are commonly called tubal ligation, as the procedures aim to occlude or ‘ligate’ the Fallopian tubes.’
- ‘Female sterilisation involves blocking or cutting the fallopian tubes that carry the egg from the ovaries to the womb, a procedure known as tubal ligation.’
- ‘A tubal ligation is a surgical sterilization technique for women in which the fallopian tubes are closed or tied.’
- ‘None the less, for various reasons, vasectomy procedures are less common than tubal ligation procedures in most countries.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.