One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for scrub typhus
- ‘In the reports on tsutsugamushi disease cases, male and female cases are almost equal in number.’
- ‘This is the first finding that L. scutellare is the second vector species of tsutsugamushi disease in Korea.’
- ‘The tsutsugamushi disease is contracted by high temperature, exanthema and adenopathy following the cold-like symptoms.’
- ‘The vertical transmission, namely the transovarial transmission of rickettsia harbored by the parents to the following generation is the main route of transmission of the tsutsugamushi disease rickettsia in the natural world.’
- ‘Although the pathogenesis of scrub typhus may be very complex and involve immune and inflammatory mediators such as cytokines, prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and kinins, the key factor of disseminated endothelial infection has now been established for tsutsugamushi disease as well as the rickettsioses.’
Early 20th century: tsutsugamushi, from the Japanese name of the mite which transmits the disease.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.