One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A watermelon, especially one growing wild in the desert.
- ‘In the Kalahari, the fresh tsamma fruits are used as a stock feed in times of drought.’
- ‘It is estimated that almost half the diet of lactating females consists of tsamma melons and gemsbok cucumbers.’
- ‘But the most life-giving fruits of the Kalahari are the tsamma melon and gemsbok cucumber.’
- ‘During the dry season, man and animal seek out tsamma melons and gemsbok cucumbers to provide them with water.’
- ‘Moisture, for survival of the wildlife, comes from the tsamma melon and gemsbok cucumber.’
From Nama tsamas ‘watermelon’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.