One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any tropical disease caused by trypanosomes and typically transmitted by biting insects, especially sleeping sickness and Chagas' disease.
- ‘The relentless spread of disease in central Africa contrasts with the remarkable recent success of control programmes in South American trypanosomiasis (Chagas' disease).’
- ‘How people use their environments has profoundly affected diseases like malaria and trypanosomiasis.’
- ‘In terms of public health and economic impact, American trypanosomiasis (Chagas' disease) is the most important parasitic infection in Latin America.’
- ‘Human African trypanosomiasis or sleeping sickness is one of the most important but equally most neglected tropical infections.’
- ‘Without medical treatment, sleeping sickness - or trypanosomiasis - is always fatal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.