One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drug supposedly able to induce a state in which a person answers questions truthfully.
- ‘US interviewers are not allowed to use physical coercion or ‘truth drugs’, the official said.’
- ‘He was given ‘truth drugs,’ which is why he could not provide the exact details of his odyssey.’
- ‘If you took a truth drug, what would you be worried about divulging?’
- ‘I'm also going to administer the truth drug here as well, ‘he said touching the tube connected to the man's leg.’’
- ‘As he explained, it can refer to anything from the use of so-called truth drugs to application of one or another method of torture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.