One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person taking administrative responsibility for the financial affairs of a bankrupt and the distribution of assets to creditors.
- ‘On bankruptcy, the assets of the bankrupt vest in his trustee in bankruptcy whose duty is to realize these so far as possible to meet his debts.’
- ‘Several defendants were named, including the former trustee in bankruptcy.’
- ‘This is an involuntary effect of the law relating to bankruptcy which transfers the bankrupt's interest to his trustee in bankruptcy when a bankruptcy order is made.’
- ‘Had he found out at that stage, it would have been clear that the estate was already in bankruptcy and in the hands of the trustee in bankruptcy.’
- ‘Have you received the consent of the trustee in bankruptcy of your bankrupt estate to bring this application?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.