One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A territory under the trusteeship of the United Nations or of a state designated by them.
- ‘The United Nations made Tanzania a trust territory under British rule after 1946.’
- ‘After World War II, the mandate became a UN trust territory administered by the United Kingdom and France.’
- ‘They do not receive funding from state governments due to their status as trust territories, and tribal governments cannot levy property taxes.’
- ‘These were later succeeded by United Nations trust territories.’
- ‘After the war, it came once again under Australian administration as a UN trust territory, but this time the Australians provided considerable grants to develop the education and health systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.