One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A territory under the trusteeship of the United Nations or of a state designated by them.
- ‘After the war, it came once again under Australian administration as a UN trust territory, but this time the Australians provided considerable grants to develop the education and health systems.’
- ‘These were later succeeded by United Nations trust territories.’
- ‘The United Nations made Tanzania a trust territory under British rule after 1946.’
- ‘They do not receive funding from state governments due to their status as trust territories, and tribal governments cannot levy property taxes.’
- ‘After World War II, the mandate became a UN trust territory administered by the United Kingdom and France.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.