Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A territory under the trusteeship of the United Nations or of a state designated by them.
- ‘The United Nations made Tanzania a trust territory under British rule after 1946.’
- ‘They do not receive funding from state governments due to their status as trust territories, and tribal governments cannot levy property taxes.’
- ‘These were later succeeded by United Nations trust territories.’
- ‘After World War II, the mandate became a UN trust territory administered by the United Kingdom and France.’
- ‘After the war, it came once again under Australian administration as a UN trust territory, but this time the Australians provided considerable grants to develop the education and health systems.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.