One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A system of shafts or conduits for cables or ventilation.
- ‘The finished offices will have suspended ceilings and trunking for power and computer cabling.’
- ‘Both air-conditioning and good cable trunking systems are required to modernise the building and make it attractive for a successful letting.’
- ‘Where any dimension in cross-section is 150 mm or more, duct work, electrical trunking and pipe work shall be shown in double lines.’
- ‘The units will have fully fitted offices with suspended ceilings, recessed lighting, painted and plastered walls, perimeter trunking and gas fired central heating.’
- ‘The building has been finished out to the highest standard and has underfloor trunking for voice and data lines and power.’
2The use or arrangement of trunk lines.
- ‘Portable and mobile radios will operate on the ALMR network to replace non-compliant legacy trunking equipment.’
- ‘LMR trunking allows automatic sharing of a small number of radio frequencies between large numbers of radio users' information.’
- ‘These 50 - Series mobiles operate on conventional systems with dual priority scan or LTR trunking systems or a combination of both types of systems.’
- ‘This aggregation or trunking complies with the IEEE 802.3ad standard.’
- ‘Furthermore, technologies such as composite trunking enable service providers to leverage router switch fabrics for improved IP layer restoration, optical layer internetworking, and dynamic bandwidth and service provisioning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.