Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for boxfish
- ‘Adult trunkfishes are often categorized to subfamily and genus based on carapace characters, particularly the location and number of spines on the carapace.’
- ‘On the reef we saw nervous trunkfish, snappers and the odd barracuda.’
- ‘Boxfish, also known as trunkfish or cowfish, can be found in warm ocean waters, where they linger near the seafloor to hunt for burrowing invertebrates.’
- ‘Around the two Piton sites we shared the ocean with parrotfish, trumpetfish, smooth trunkfish, cornetfish, tiger grouper, a trio of barracuda, rock beauties, Spanish hogfish and many more exotic species.’
- ‘The spinner dolphins that had followed the boat out were not to be seen; instead there were unicornfish, clouds of snappers, fusiliers and the odd trunkfish.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.