One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for boxfish
- ‘Around the two Piton sites we shared the ocean with parrotfish, trumpetfish, smooth trunkfish, cornetfish, tiger grouper, a trio of barracuda, rock beauties, Spanish hogfish and many more exotic species.’
- ‘The spinner dolphins that had followed the boat out were not to be seen; instead there were unicornfish, clouds of snappers, fusiliers and the odd trunkfish.’
- ‘Adult trunkfishes are often categorized to subfamily and genus based on carapace characters, particularly the location and number of spines on the carapace.’
- ‘On the reef we saw nervous trunkfish, snappers and the odd barracuda.’
- ‘Boxfish, also known as trunkfish or cowfish, can be found in warm ocean waters, where they linger near the seafloor to hunt for burrowing invertebrates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.