Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for boxfish
- ‘On the reef we saw nervous trunkfish, snappers and the odd barracuda.’
- ‘Boxfish, also known as trunkfish or cowfish, can be found in warm ocean waters, where they linger near the seafloor to hunt for burrowing invertebrates.’
- ‘The spinner dolphins that had followed the boat out were not to be seen; instead there were unicornfish, clouds of snappers, fusiliers and the odd trunkfish.’
- ‘Around the two Piton sites we shared the ocean with parrotfish, trumpetfish, smooth trunkfish, cornetfish, tiger grouper, a trio of barracuda, rock beauties, Spanish hogfish and many more exotic species.’
- ‘Adult trunkfishes are often categorized to subfamily and genus based on carapace characters, particularly the location and number of spines on the carapace.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.