One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A main line of a railway, telephone system, or other network.
- ‘Brave members of the audience are sitting in freight cars that look as if they are about to head off down the main trunk line at any moment.’
- ‘This was the key trunk line between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, which also linked those cities to larger rural markets.’
- ‘Once we left the trunk line and entered an unpaved road, there were hardly any vehicles.’
- ‘Mexico has no trunk line from the U.S. border to Mexico City, rail line.’
- ‘It was the junction of the main trunk line to New Plymouth, to Auckland and Wellington.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.