One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A main line of a railway, telephone system, or other network.
- ‘Once we left the trunk line and entered an unpaved road, there were hardly any vehicles.’
- ‘It was the junction of the main trunk line to New Plymouth, to Auckland and Wellington.’
- ‘Brave members of the audience are sitting in freight cars that look as if they are about to head off down the main trunk line at any moment.’
- ‘This was the key trunk line between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, which also linked those cities to larger rural markets.’
- ‘Mexico has no trunk line from the U.S. border to Mexico City, rail line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.