One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A truckle bed.
- ‘A guest bed at my home was an entire suite and if more beds were needed, each room had a pull out trundle bed.’
- ‘I rise from the bed, go down the hall, gather a pillow and blanket from the spare room, and sleep on Nate's trundle bed.’
- ‘She sat down on the end of Tyna's small trundle bed.’
- ‘How many times had Emma spent the weekend with the Hunters, sleeping in a trundle bed while Faith tossed and turned and ended up awake at 5: 30 in the morning?’
- ‘Clare's bed was a trundle bed so that Mae could sleep near her.’
- ‘Leila pulled out the trundle bed that was underneath her bed and grabbed 2 pillows and blankets from the hall closet.’
- ‘She may be too small for it as yet, but eventually you could move her to a trundle bed.’
- ‘From the trundle bed Jen awoke, yawned, and stretched.’
- ‘All of the boys, except 17-year-old Patrick, sleep in one bedroom they call ‘the bunkhouse’ - two sets of bunk beds and a trundle bed fill most of the room.’
- ‘It was a one room cabin. 4 beds, 3 trundle beds and one large baby crib were in a state of disrepair.’
- ‘April can sleep on the trundle bed in my room if she's afraid he'll come back.’
- ‘He had a trundle bed that Will would be sleeping on.’
- ‘I've got the trundle bed if one of you wanted to stay at my place.’
- ‘The next morning, the brilliant blue sky and streaming sun wakened me early from our shared trundle bed.’
- ‘A hotel worker just came to tell us that there are no trundle beds left.’
- ‘Finally, after about half an hour of traumatizing arguing, they got Jessica to stay in her little trundle bed.’
- ‘The bed was a twin and I could tell it had a trundle bed underneath it.’
- ‘If you are pressed for space, you can use trundle beds.’
- ‘My ever-present guard watched as I gently sang them lullabies and tucked them into their trundle beds.’
- ‘When she turned five, she moved from the trundle bed tucked under Muma's bed, to her own little room across the hall from Andromeda.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.