One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or affecting the trunk of the body, or of a nerve.
- ‘The louse bites at night and leaves pruritic vesicles or papules (especially in the axillae, groin, and truncal areas).’
- ‘Cranial, truncal, and peripheral nerves are involved.’
- ‘Pityriasis rosea may lead to a truncal macular rash, sometimes with pruritus.’
- ‘The patient underwent an exploratory laparotomy, resection of the gastric mass, pyloroplasty, truncal vagotomy, and cyst duodenostomy.’
- ‘Necrotising fasciitis can affect any part of the body but the extremities, the perineum, and the truncal areas are the most commonly involved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.