One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or affecting the trunk of the body, or of a nerve.
- ‘Necrotising fasciitis can affect any part of the body but the extremities, the perineum, and the truncal areas are the most commonly involved.’
- ‘The louse bites at night and leaves pruritic vesicles or papules (especially in the axillae, groin, and truncal areas).’
- ‘Pityriasis rosea may lead to a truncal macular rash, sometimes with pruritus.’
- ‘The patient underwent an exploratory laparotomy, resection of the gastric mass, pyloroplasty, truncal vagotomy, and cyst duodenostomy.’
- ‘Cranial, truncal, and peripheral nerves are involved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.