One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The shell of a large marine mollusc which can be blown to produce a loud note.
Several species in the class Gastropoda, in particular the triton (Charonia tritonis, family Cymatiidae)
- ‘One fun thing is that if you carefully hold this trumpet shell next to your ear, you can hear the ocean!’
- ‘Perhaps, however, it is more diverting to pick up some unique shells and trumpet shells along the beautiful beaches of Sanya by yourself.’
- ‘Outside on the reef are numerous lava formations sheltering critters such as cleaner wrasse, conger eels, tritons, trumpet shells and schooling squirrelfish.’
- ‘Intertidally, tritons and trumpet shells live on coral reefs or rocky shores, where they feed on a wide variety of invertebrate animals.’
- ‘Many shells were found, such as money cowries, tiger cowries, cone shells, abalone, spider shells, and the prize one of a large trumpet shell.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.