One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rousing summons to take action.‘Churchill's famous trumpet call of resistance’
- ‘If this is true, we cannot continue to imagine there exists a slumbering progressive majority waiting to be awakened with the right trumpet call.’
- ‘The trumpet call has become the signal for the raising of the dead.’
- ‘Suddenly they heard trumpet calls coming from the walls of the camp.’
- ‘It was the third morning that I heard the trumpet call.’
- ‘A trumpet call sounded from somewhere within; from some concealed entrance in the stage in front of him, a solitary figure made its way stealthily into the glare of directed lights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.