Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nounone's true love
A person whom one loves:‘Rose is reunited with her true love, Arthur’
- ‘Daniel's true love, Beth, is trapped in a violent relationship with his friend.’
- ‘But to any person in love with a geek, they are the finest of true loves.’
- ‘Much as I sometimes hate to admit it, my true love and I are made for each other.’
- ‘If your true love is a theatre fan, a Valentine's Day break in London may be a better option.’
- ‘No matter how bad he hurts me, no matter whom I marry, Jake Forester is my first love, and my true love.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.