Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person whom one loves.‘Rose is reunited with her true love, Arthur’
- ‘If your true love is a theatre fan, a Valentine's Day break in London may be a better option.’
- ‘Daniel's true love, Beth, is trapped in a violent relationship with his friend.’
- ‘Much as I sometimes hate to admit it, my true love and I are made for each other.’
- ‘No matter how bad he hurts me, no matter whom I marry, Jake Forester is my first love, and my true love.’
- ‘But to any person in love with a geek, they are the finest of true loves.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.