One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounone's true love
A person whom one loves.‘Rose is reunited with her true love, Arthur’
- ‘Daniel's true love, Beth, is trapped in a violent relationship with his friend.’
- ‘But to any person in love with a geek, they are the finest of true loves.’
- ‘Much as I sometimes hate to admit it, my true love and I are made for each other.’
- ‘No matter how bad he hurts me, no matter whom I marry, Jake Forester is my first love, and my true love.’
- ‘If your true love is a theatre fan, a Valentine's Day break in London may be a better option.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.