One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for trucker
- ‘Farmers, bus drivers, truckies, taxis, emergency services, anyone who relies on fuel to perform their work joined forces to protest the spiralling costs of keeping their vehicles on the road.’
- ‘Army truckies are applying defensive driver and first aid training every time they drive their vehicles.’
- ‘A convoy of truckies rolled into Canberra today to express their anger at the planned changes.’
- ‘This year, 115 truckies have died trying to do their jobs; last week five, three in one night.’
- ‘I think the truckie noticed, sped up and when he was in the clear, changed lanes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.