One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large roadside service station and restaurant for truck drivers.
- ‘Bedford used to be a depressed, grim farming town, with nothing on offer for the weary traveller - just a lone truck stop and a café.’
- ‘A sign greets visitors outside a truck stop with a resounding: ‘Let freedom reign.’’
- ‘When they were twenty minutes outside of the main city, he pulled the car over, parking it in the back of the nearest truck stop off the highway, unable to fight his drooping eyelids for another moment.’
- ‘A scheme to redevelop a former petrol station into a truck stop and haulage depot has got into gear.’
- ‘There's only one diner in town - the local truck stop, and I went in.’
- ‘Investigators recovered surveillance footage of at least six men stealing three different fuel haulers from a truck stop in western New York on the morning of October 19.’
- ‘The lone trucker pulls into the faceless truck stop on his route and goes inside for a cup of coffee.’
- ‘Another man who called about the car at the truck stop did come forward.’
- ‘When she couldn't find anyone, she shrugged and went inside the restaurant just next to the truck stop they were in.’
- ‘Thankfully, though, we stopped at a truck stop, and I could buy a CD.’
- ‘At about one in the morning, we came to a truck stop.’
- ‘I wait to meet Adolfo in a truck stop inside Eagle Pass, a couple miles north of the Rio Grande.’
- ‘Situated on the Sligo side of the village, it is located close to a truck stop and get a lot of their trade from drivers stopping in.’
- ‘Speaking from a pay phone at a truck stop in Kansas, he says his brief but intense dalliance with the private sector taught him a lot, including the importance of sticking to what you do best.’
- ‘Around 3 AM, the buses pulled into a truck stop at Sonora, Tx.’
- ‘As I left the truck stop, a thought crossed my mind.’
- ‘On the way home several couples, including my parents, stopped at the truck stop for breakfast.’
- ‘Nevertheless, taking my flashlight and a thermos of coffee I'd bought at an all-night truck stop, I started up the trail.’
- ‘While you may not recognize the name, if you've ever used the restroom of a truck stop then you've probably seen his work.’
- ‘In 1969 she moved to the Jacksonville area and went to work as a short-order cook at a truck stop along Interstate 95.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.