Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The activity of fishing for trout, either for food or as a sport.
- ‘Over the past couple of years I have changed my approach to river trouting, gone are the 6 weight rods, being exchanged for three and four weight outfits.’
- ‘When it came to river trouting, I was a dry fly river man or upstream nymphing.’
- ‘I have used this pattern for still water and river trouting.’
- ‘Having previously touched upon the use of Crayfish patterns in stillwater trouting, I will now consider tactics I have successfully used to deceive numbers of both brown and rainbow trout over the past twelve months.’
- ‘Early and late season trouting is normally best and you will need a long rod to throw a good length of line.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.