Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for bicycle clip
- ‘I was surprised to find some steel trouser clips in our local shop.’
- ‘My Europa has rust on her frame from the trouser clip that used to live there - for twenty years, I rode her in jeans.’
- ‘Make sure trouser bottoms are either tight or are held close to the leg by trouser clips or toe straps.’
- ‘His trouser clips are an essential part of his civic philosophy plus a healthy outlook and rosy disposition.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.