Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1 Analyse and solve serious problems for a company or other organization.
- ‘You must do troubleshooting and reconcile within yourself what you want to do.’
- ‘He also has a proven track record in troubleshooting, having rescued failing Swindon Council a year ago.’
- ‘What I need more practice on is troubleshooting.’
- ‘If a high school student shows up for class only three days a week, every week, and then gets a poor grade at the end of the year, the course material seems a poor starting point for troubleshooting.’
- 1.1Trace and correct faults in a mechanical or electronic system.
- ‘Tools must now provide comprehensive analysis that prequalifies, troubleshoots and pinpoints faults.’
- ‘The book takes a very systematic approach to both installation and troubleshooting electric motor drives.’
- ‘They know how to use a specific set of tools, and can troubleshoot computer systems that other, more capable people have designed for them.’
- ‘End users also must conduct performance testing and product compliance with the added complications of field service troubleshooting and fault isolation.’
- ‘The aircraft commander, navigator, and flight engineer began to troubleshoot the system.’
- ‘Understanding how things work makes troubleshooting easier and defines a true system or network administrator.’
- ‘I spent over $10,000 in staff time troubleshooting the system and providing technical support.’
- ‘The manual includes the code translations, but this is a nice feature that will assist veterans and newbies alike when troubleshooting their system.’
- ‘A very good measure to consider is permitting system troubleshooting to be done via dial-up modem.’
- ‘Both are useful for troubleshooting problems with the operating system.’
- ‘While troubleshooting the problem, the crew was unable to correct the split condition in the right main gear.’
- ‘‘There's a limit to the resolution that you're going to get when you troubleshoot with a system like ours,’ he admitted.’
- ‘Fault trees are commonly used to troubleshoot complex systems such as devices used in airplanes and nuclear power plants.’
- ‘The hardware explanations, advice on purchasing new systems, suggestions, tips, and troubleshooting make this book worthwhile purchase.’
- ‘The marker system simplifies troubleshooting by allowing nine markers to be displayed on the screen at any one time.’
- ‘In this case, what they're going to do is use their knowledge of the systems and talk with mechanics and try and troubleshoot it from the air.’
- ‘It is included in these operating systems as a diagnostics tool for the system administrator, to help him in troubleshooting.’
- ‘The service plan also provides remote system troubleshooting and preventative maintenance to uncover potential problems before they occur.’
- ‘Check to see if the speakers work properly before trying to troubleshoot your system.’
- ‘There are diagnostics and a system log to aid with troubleshooting and even the ability to flash the unit with new firmware to support new features or any bugfixes in the future.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.