One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Racing for trotting horses pulling a two-wheeled vehicle (a sulky) and driver.‘trotting has been a popular sport at country fairs’Also called harness racing
- ‘The Harness Racing Authority of NSW has sent a directive to show societies indicating that harness racing can only be conducted on registered trotting tracks.’
- ‘A grandstand believed to have been at the trotting track since early in the century was shifted to the new football ground, where it offered a lofty view over the valley.’
- ‘The first of these new machines were used at a trotting meeting in WA in 1916 and at Randwick racecourse in Sydney in 1917.’
- ‘The name Trotters has nothing to do with sheep's or pigs' trotters, or trotting races.’
- ‘The Camp meeting is the only harness racing event in the county run under the Irish trotting and harness racing federation rules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.