One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Racing for trotting horses pulling a two-wheeled vehicle (a sulky) and driver.‘trotting has been a popular sport at country fairs’Also called harness racing
- ‘The Camp meeting is the only harness racing event in the county run under the Irish trotting and harness racing federation rules.’
- ‘The first of these new machines were used at a trotting meeting in WA in 1916 and at Randwick racecourse in Sydney in 1917.’
- ‘The name Trotters has nothing to do with sheep's or pigs' trotters, or trotting races.’
- ‘The Harness Racing Authority of NSW has sent a directive to show societies indicating that harness racing can only be conducted on registered trotting tracks.’
- ‘A grandstand believed to have been at the trotting track since early in the century was shifted to the new football ground, where it offered a lofty view over the valley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.