One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The political or economic principles of Leon Trotsky, especially the theory that socialism should be established throughout the world by continuing revolution. Trotskyism has generally included elements of anarchism and syndicalism, but the term has come to be used indiscriminately to describe a great many forms of radical socialism.
- ‘There are individuals and organisations who would more consciously distance themselves from Trotskyism, because they specifically reject some aspects of Trotsky's politics.’
- ‘First, to describe Trotskyism as a ‘dissidence’ seems to me to confuse the issue.’
- ‘In the 1940s and 1950s, however, the bourgeoisie faced a powerful opponent in the LSSP, a party based on Trotskyism with deep roots in the working class, which fought to unite workers on a class basis to abolish capitalism.’
- ‘He insisted that only Trotskyism could provide the political program for the socialist emancipation of mankind.’
- ‘But this is a history that is not usually made available for public consumption, since it contradicts the official view that there was an unbridgeable divide between the two and that Trotskyism was an insignificant political tendency.’
- ‘The exhibition, though, does show that her political agreement with Trotskyism was always tenuous and her politics always had a radical nationalist character.’
- ‘He explained that he was the only socialist candidate and had been a principled fighter for Trotskyism, that is socialist internationalism, for nearly four decades.’
- ‘A Protestant minister, he travelled politically over several decades from Christian pacifism to Trotskyism and back again.’
- ‘At the same time, it slanders Trotskyism, the only socialist and internationalist tendency that advances a perspective for the independent mobilisation of the working class against imperialist war.’
- ‘We fought for the same ideas: for Trotskyism, for a socialist society.’
- ‘Those assembled ridicule their youthful beliefs in various ‘isms,’ including Maoism, Trotskyism, Quebec separatism, existentialism and structuralism.’
- ‘Does the issue of socialism or Trotskyism come up in discussion?’
- ‘But his sympathies were much more with Trotskyism and he naively thought he could change the Communist Party from within.’
- ‘And what a trajectory - from reformism to Guevarism, Maoism to Trotskyism, before returning to reformism.’
- ‘The struggle against Trotskyism was, in essence, a re-emergence of the political opposition to the theory of Permanent Revolution within the party.’
- ‘On every continent the process of realignment and recomposition of socialist forces that is taking place involves parties and movements of extremely diverse origins, including Trotskyism, Maoism, Stalinism and Guevarism.’
- ‘The goodwill of those involved was then exploited by those who claimed the answer already existed in doctrines of Trotskyism and Maoism.’
- ‘The film gives no indication of his attitude toward Bolshevism, Stalinism, Trotskyism or any other political tendency in the twentieth century.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.