One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘More significant is the delay caused by the troposphere, in particular tropospheric water vapour, which is non-dispersive and must be estimated using models of pressure, temperature, and humidity variation with altitude.’
- ‘So do all climate changes cause opposing trends in stratospheric and tropospheric temperatures?’
- ‘The most egregious example is when the temperature sensor becomes coated with ice in a rain cloud, in which case upper tropospheric temperatures can be as much as 20 C too warm.’
- ‘Further, distance-dependent or spatially correlated errors due to ionospheric, tropospheric or satellite orbit effects can be more accurately modelled in a network approach.’
- ‘The authors demonstrate that the presence of stronger westerly jets in the stratosphere causes tropospheric weather systems to track further toward the pole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.