One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical seabird with mainly white plumage and very long central tail feathers.
- ‘The island also has a population of white-tailed tropicbirds, known as the Bermuda longtails.’
- ‘Vocalizations are variable with species, and range from the sharp piercing whistle of the tropicbirds to the guttural grunting of cormorants.’
- ‘I am still amazed by the lifeless waters along the coast - no gulls, no terns, no frigatebirds or tropicbirds, no herons.’
- ‘Red-tailed tropicbirds used to be hunted for their extraordinary tail feathers, and off the majestic cliffs of Malabar we witnessed their extraordinary aerobatic displays against the vast backdrop of sea and sky.’
- ‘Albatrosses were already aloft, with occasional tropicbirds weaving between them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.