One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Perform the ceremony of parading a regiment's flag along ranks of soldiers.
- ‘He resigned from the Household Cavalry when a banana was thrown at him during a rehearsal for trooping the colour.’
- ‘The only thing he's not going to do this year, I understand, is to actually ride to the trooping the color.’
- ‘It is one of only three public occasions on which the Lord Mayor troops the colour with the horse-drawn carriage, thus ranking the Dublin Horse Show up there with Bloomsday and St Patrick's Day.’
- ‘There she is, trooping the color and the Guards ceremony and so forth.’
- ‘The honour can be registered in the history of the regiment and displayed if the regiment is trooping the colour but does not have any other physical manifestation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.