One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Perform the ceremony of parading a regiment's flag along ranks of soldiers.
- ‘The honour can be registered in the history of the regiment and displayed if the regiment is trooping the colour but does not have any other physical manifestation.’
- ‘There she is, trooping the color and the Guards ceremony and so forth.’
- ‘The only thing he's not going to do this year, I understand, is to actually ride to the trooping the color.’
- ‘It is one of only three public occasions on which the Lord Mayor troops the colour with the horse-drawn carriage, thus ranking the Dublin Horse Show up there with Bloomsday and St Patrick's Day.’
- ‘He resigned from the Household Cavalry when a banana was thrown at him during a rehearsal for trooping the colour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.