One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large aircraft or armoured vehicle or ship designed for transporting troops.
- ‘In this command, there would be a theater air transport division and a troop carrier command to provide all tactical airlift and airborne operations.’
- ‘It apparently shows a strike on the troop carrier, which was flying low in clear conditions.’
- ‘It is the principle troop carrier, transporting ten or more militiamen who can fight in mounted or dismounted formations.’
- ‘Originally planned as an air ambulance, the Huey was later rigged as a gun ship and a troop carrier.’
- ‘The new vehicle weighs about half as much as the current troop carrier in use by the military.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.