Having a valency of three.
- ‘In water treatment, the ion exchange resin which is used is usually more selective for divalent and trivalent ions, which is practical since the problematic ions are usually one of the two.’
- ‘So far, however, most of the alternatives to hexavalent chromium-based passivations are trivalent chromium based.’
- ‘It may also appear in other locations in patients who have undergone treatment with immunosuppressive drugs or who have been exposed to organic trivalent arsenic compounds or tars.’
- ‘Administration of trivalent licensed antitoxin or heptavalent botulinum may prevent or decrease a patient's progression to respiratory failure and hasten recovery.’
- ‘These viruses have been studied as monovalent, bivalent and trivalent formulations and consist of live viruses that induce minimal symptoms and replicate poorly at temperatures found in the lower respiratory tract.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.