One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After his death, the triumviral riots were exacerbated.’
- ‘The Republican beginnings of imperial cult come not surprisingly after a triumviral grant of privileges in 39 BC.’
- ‘The author's cultural history of the triumviral period is a useful model for approaching other similarly troublesome moments in Roman history.’
- ‘In addition, Octavian had started to prefix his name with the designation ‘Imperator,’ to suggest that he was the commander par excellence; and now, although he continued to use his triumviral powers, he omitted all reference to them from his coins, gradually concentrating on the plain, emotive name ‘Caesar Son of a God.’’
- ‘This left the empire in the hands of Octavian and Antony, who retained their triumviral power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.