One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a compound) in which the ordinary isotope of hydrogen has been replaced with tritium.
- ‘However, for this calculation, data on the diffusivity of tritiated water in water vapour (self-diffusion) and data on the molar fraction of water in helium at different degrees of water saturation are required.’
- ‘In plants the organization of DNA as multiple replicons can be readily visualized by fibre autoradiography, in which replicating DNA molecules are labelled with tritiated thymidine.’
- ‘The stereochemistry of several of the reactions of biosynthesis of ABA has been probed by the use of stereospecifically tritiated mevalonic acids which have been incorporated into ABA by ripening avocado fruit.’
- ‘The concentrations of the inhibitor solutions were determined by testing the incorporation of tritiated uridine and radiolabelled amino acids (S-met, S-cys mixture).’
- ‘We assessed total extraction efficiencies by adding known quantities of tritiated testosterone solution to samples before extraction; extraction efficiencies were, on average, 69%.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.