One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounChemistry
- ‘White, red, and tree peony contain glycosides (most notably paeoniflorin), flavonoids, proanthocyanidins, tannins, terpenoids, triterpenoids, and complex polysaccharides that may all contribute to its medicinal effects.’
- ‘Relative portions of total aliphatics and cyclic triterpenoids in the wax of intact fruits and of enzymatically isolated cuticles.’
- ‘Indeed, triterpenoid saponins with an acyl side chain have been shown to increase membrane permeability of endothelial cells, whereas those lacking the side chain did not.’
- ‘The resins produced by these glands have been shown to consist of a mixture of phenolics and steroidal triterpenoids; they act as important deterrents against mammalian herbivores, especially hares.’
- ‘Structurally, avicins are part of a greater family of molecules called triterpenoid saponins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.