One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Despite a script that occasionally reverted to triteness - ‘Retirement is not always a bed of roses; for some it's a bed of nails’ - it was a revealing programme that was poignant at times.’
- ‘Filled with platitudes and triteness, the speech utterly failed to inject renewed hope at one of the most important stages of the year.’
- ‘But the singers' interaction with one another introduced just enough playfulness to the proceedings to dispel the threat of triteness.’
- ‘He gives us these elements with a triteness and naïveté that are painfully embarrassing.’
- ‘He offers hope and strength without any whiff of triteness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.