One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It can rightly, if tritely, be called a hinge-event in human history.’
- ‘Since this is a story about human unknowability, there can be no easy conclusions, no fortuitous ending, and certainly no release for George or Sarah from what you might tritely call their individual prisons.’
- ‘That sounds tritely obvious, but in this case ‘differently ‘was so radically different that it is hard to even put into words.’’
- ‘All you get's a sad love story about a pocket killer and an adoring waitress who tritely sings ‘I don't care what he's done.‘’
- ‘‘It should remind us of safety in the workplace,’ he tritely told his audience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.