One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘It should remind us of safety in the workplace,’ he tritely told his audience.’
- ‘Since this is a story about human unknowability, there can be no easy conclusions, no fortuitous ending, and certainly no release for George or Sarah from what you might tritely call their individual prisons.’
- ‘It can rightly, if tritely, be called a hinge-event in human history.’
- ‘That sounds tritely obvious, but in this case ‘differently ‘was so radically different that it is hard to even put into words.’’
- ‘All you get's a sad love story about a pocket killer and an adoring waitress who tritely sings ‘I don't care what he's done.‘’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.