One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vehicle instrument that can be set to record the distance of individual journeys.
- ‘It consists of an analogue tachometer with a digital LCD for speed, odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and water temperature.’
- ‘Not only do you then double the error of your tripmeter but you gain excessive penalty points and look like a total idiot as you race past your colleagues as they keep religiously to the correct speed.’
- ‘In fact I regret not lashing out on one of the more expensive ones, which have a tripmeter.’
- ‘This includes an electronic circuit breaker to cut power in the event of an accident and also includes wiring for additional requirements such as map light, additional spotlights, radio or tripmeter.’
- ‘The Max carries 20 litres of fuel, and its gauges register speed, odometer, tripmeter, fuel as well as a hourmeter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.