Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A vehicle instrument that can be set to record the distance of individual journeys.
- ‘Not only do you then double the error of your tripmeter but you gain excessive penalty points and look like a total idiot as you race past your colleagues as they keep religiously to the correct speed.’
- ‘It consists of an analogue tachometer with a digital LCD for speed, odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and water temperature.’
- ‘In fact I regret not lashing out on one of the more expensive ones, which have a tripmeter.’
- ‘This includes an electronic circuit breaker to cut power in the event of an accident and also includes wiring for additional requirements such as map light, additional spotlights, radio or tripmeter.’
- ‘The Max carries 20 litres of fuel, and its gauges register speed, odometer, tripmeter, fuel as well as a hourmeter.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.