One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rhyme involving three syllables.‘her dexterity with a tongue-twisting triple rhyme’
- ‘If you are rhyming words such as ‘happiness’ and ‘sappiness,’ you are using what is known as a triple rhyme.’
- ‘Feminine rhyme isn't necessarily associated with comic effect, although triple rhyme is.’
- ‘The triple rhyme is often used for a humorous effect.’
- ‘Hidden rhymes may be single, double or triple rhymes in just the same way as whole word rhymes.’
- ‘In any case, the poem turns out to be a variant of terza rima, with triple rhyme and three lines per stanza, but unorthodox in its positioning of rhymes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.