Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A defensive play in which three runners are put out.
- ‘Every one of these major league unassisted triple plays was performed by an infielder.’
- ‘It is interesting to note that in the history of major league baseball, only one team has ever turned two triple plays in one game.’
- ‘I am confused about the number of unassisted triple plays that have been recorded in major league history.’
- ‘The most exciting play in the game was a triple play by the Giants.’
- ‘If an infielder purposely drops a soft fly ball, it can easily result in a double play or triple play.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.