A defensive play in which three runners are put out.
- ‘Every one of these major league unassisted triple plays was performed by an infielder.’
- ‘I am confused about the number of unassisted triple plays that have been recorded in major league history.’
- ‘The most exciting play in the game was a triple play by the Giants.’
- ‘It is interesting to note that in the history of major league baseball, only one team has ever turned two triple plays in one game.’
- ‘If an infielder purposely drops a soft fly ball, it can easily result in a double play or triple play.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.