Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A defensive play in which three runners are put out.
- ‘I am confused about the number of unassisted triple plays that have been recorded in major league history.’
- ‘Every one of these major league unassisted triple plays was performed by an infielder.’
- ‘The most exciting play in the game was a triple play by the Giants.’
- ‘If an infielder purposely drops a soft fly ball, it can easily result in a double play or triple play.’
- ‘It is interesting to note that in the history of major league baseball, only one team has ever turned two triple plays in one game.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.