One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A defensive play in which three runners are put out.
- ‘If an infielder purposely drops a soft fly ball, it can easily result in a double play or triple play.’
- ‘It is interesting to note that in the history of major league baseball, only one team has ever turned two triple plays in one game.’
- ‘Every one of these major league unassisted triple plays was performed by an infielder.’
- ‘The most exciting play in the game was a triple play by the Giants.’
- ‘I am confused about the number of unassisted triple plays that have been recorded in major league history.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.