One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See triple jump
- ‘Long and triple jumpers cannot even practice their events during the indoor track season because we have no indoor facility aside from a track suitable for walking and jogging and a hole in the floor where the pole vault pit can be set up.’
- ‘For instance, if long jumpers or triple jumpers overstep the take-off board, they will commit a foul.’
- ‘Phil was also really good at athletics - one of the top 10 triple jumpers in the country - so when I arrived at school the disappointment of the teachers was palpable, because I was hopeless at sports.’
- ‘The veteran triple jumper proved he is still the best when he claimed his second world title.’
- ‘He is also an avid triple jumper in track and field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.