One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier The highest grading available from credit rating agencies.‘the company's performance has so far been good and consistent with a triple-A rating’
- ‘It has lost its triple-A credit rating and can't assume that lenders will be willing to refinance its growing debt forever.’
- ‘Its triple-A rating is due in large part to its ownership by the German government.’
- ‘It operates like a private bank, with triple-A credit rating in money markets.’
- ‘He said the cuts were needed to curtail the previous Government's economic mismanagement and keep the State's triple-A credit rating intact.’
- ‘He's on the electoral roll, and has a triple-A rating on the national credit rating databases.’
2The highest competitive level of achievement in baseball.
- ‘He returned to the Giants as first base coach in '96, and in late 1997 was named manager of their triple A Fresno club.’
- ‘The going rate these days for a minor league baseball teams can be upwards of $10 million for a triple A team, and even those are hard to find because most of the major league teams own their triple A affiliates.’
- ‘Then there are the triple A teams dotting the landscape, and then the double A teams, and finally the single A teams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.