One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sacred canon of Theravada Buddhism, written in the Pali language.
- ‘During the readings, the monks and the members of the public will read the Tripitaka aloud in unison.’
- ‘There are well bound Tripitakas on ola leaves written in Pali displayed in a separate bookshelf.’
- ‘The number of volumes comprising the Tripitakas is without parallel in any other religion.’
- ‘They contain 84,000 articles or Tripitakas of Buddha's teachings, written in Pali with Khmer translations.’
- ‘Tradition has it that the Tripitaka was first compiled in about 250 B.C. by a Buddhist council convened by the Indian Emperor Asoka.’
From Sanskrit tripiṭaka, literally ‘the three baskets or collections’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.