One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of peptides containing three amino-acid residues in the molecule.
- ‘In our laboratory, we have started a series of investigations on various tripeptides to further characterize the physical basis of these interactions.’
- ‘Under the right conditions, the condensation continues, with a dipeptide reacting with a third amino acid to form a tripeptide and releasing another water molecule, and so on.’
- ‘The protein source of peptide-based formulas is hydrolyzed protein, dipeptides or tripeptides, or free amino acids.’
- ‘Glutathione is a tripeptide whose antioxidant activity is well recognized in different biological systems, and its level may reflect the cellular oxidative status.’
- ‘An important antioxidant is the tripeptide y-glutamyl-cysteine-glycine or reduced glutathione.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.