One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of peptides containing three amino-acid residues in the molecule.
- ‘An important antioxidant is the tripeptide y-glutamyl-cysteine-glycine or reduced glutathione.’
- ‘In our laboratory, we have started a series of investigations on various tripeptides to further characterize the physical basis of these interactions.’
- ‘The protein source of peptide-based formulas is hydrolyzed protein, dipeptides or tripeptides, or free amino acids.’
- ‘Under the right conditions, the condensation continues, with a dipeptide reacting with a third amino acid to form a tripeptide and releasing another water molecule, and so on.’
- ‘Glutathione is a tripeptide whose antioxidant activity is well recognized in different biological systems, and its level may reflect the cellular oxidative status.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.