One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of dance music, usually slow in tempo, that combines elements of hip-hop and dub reggae with softer, more ambient sounds.
- ‘Order a steak, tune in to that trendy trip hop and soak up a classy laid back vibe.’
- ‘They've made albums of deep electronic house music, sub-aquatic trip hop, tooth-rattling electro, and often combined the above rather effortlessly.’
- ‘Giving " Wanted Dead Or Alive " a vaguely trip hop beat works beautifully while the solo piano accompaniment on " It's My Life " is undeniably moving.’
- ‘Part trip hop, jungle and ambient, they've added a middle eastern take to their voyage, filling out lush soundscapes with talking drums, violins and the occasional accordion to spice a generous mix of all things mellow.’
- ‘Everything from tribal sounds, acid jazz, trip hop, and drone rock can be heard throughout the three albums.’
- ‘Initially, our common link was a love of drum & bass and trip hop, but we came from completely different places.’
- ‘Brown has put together a highly melodic and moody trip hop disc.’
- ‘It was a very brave concept - taking the definitive rock record of the past two generations and reworking it as a reggae album - but the ambitious experiment with reggae rhythms and trip hop beats is paying off.’
- ‘This album starts with four track recordings made in his front room, before drifting through punky political reggae and dub to techno and trip hop.’
- ‘Long, slow trip hop electronic groovery in the classic title song of his latest album sets up long and twisted but memorable melodic phrases.’
- ‘The album is laced with acoustic instruments (a mix of live playing and samples) placed over a backdrop of seamless ambient electronics and soft trip hop grooves, with chilled jazzy undertones throughout.’
- ‘Techstep, deep minimal techno, trip hop, jungle and house are genuinely represented on this collection.’
- ‘The first, which I call transcorporate musicianship, is found in ambient techno or trip hop.’
- ‘Breathe On Me has a European, trip hop feel to it.’
- ‘We never set out to make Big Beat records or trip hop records or smash house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.