One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic odometer, typically with extra capabilities such as the ability to calculate fuel consumption.
- ‘All switchgear feels suitably tough, and it even boasts a trip computer, sunroof and alloys.’
- ‘There are changes to the interior too, including a new fascia, revised instrumentation and a trip computer.’
- ‘The $4000 optional pack gives you grey suede trim, electric sunroof, park distance control and trip computer.’
- ‘This Jag also has split fold rear seats, parking distance warning, a trip computer, satellite navigation and TV.’
- ‘The new larger body has a bigger cockpit but in base form it still sports velour seats and a simple instrument layout that doesn't even include a trip computer.’
- ‘This specification includes full leather upholstery, cruise control, automatic climate control, eight-way electric adjustment for both front seats, wood trim on the doors, and a trip computer with message centre.’
- ‘The instrument panel on the turbo includes trip computer and cruise control, and there is the option of adding a navigation system.’
- ‘I would have liked a more conventional instrument panel with a trip computer emphasising fuel consumption and range remaining.’
- ‘All models have remote central locking, front electric windows, a trip computer and doors which lock automatically above walking pace.’
- ‘Other specification additions include CD player, manual sunroof and trip computer.’
- ‘The estate comes with the same digital climate control, CD player with eight speakers, trip computer, electric windows and mirrors, and immobiliser as the hatch.’
- ‘Gauges and the trip computer are clear but the gear change is the greatest comfort element of all.’
- ‘While this is a big help towards achieving greater economy, it's certainly not as complete as the information that comes from an average trip computer in a car.’
- ‘The luxury package also includes metallic paint, alloy wheels, a simple-to-operate cruise control, a trip computer and some very useful electric seats with memory.’
- ‘The upholstered dash is dominated by a grey plastic centre console which incorporates a fascia-mounted gearstick, stereo, trip computer, instrument controls and heating system with some fierce-looking air vents.’
- ‘I've also been paying much more attention to the external temperature indicator on the trip computer, although the ice indicator does bleep to warn you when things are getting serious.’
- ‘Steering spoke controls for the CD-changer sound system are a welcome convenience, as is the trip computer that tracks (among other things) your average mpg and distance to empty.’
- ‘All come with trip computer, electric windows and mirrors, climate control and CD player.’
- ‘Such was the level of luxury, with walnut dash detailing, trip computer and cruise control, that I was disappointed not to find heated seats to keep me toasted as I motored past the last pockets of snow on the fells.’
- ‘All controls are sited within easy reach, as is the Driver Information Centre with trip computer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.