One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic odometer, typically with extra capabilities such as the ability to calculate fuel consumption.
- ‘The upholstered dash is dominated by a grey plastic centre console which incorporates a fascia-mounted gearstick, stereo, trip computer, instrument controls and heating system with some fierce-looking air vents.’
- ‘I've also been paying much more attention to the external temperature indicator on the trip computer, although the ice indicator does bleep to warn you when things are getting serious.’
- ‘The luxury package also includes metallic paint, alloy wheels, a simple-to-operate cruise control, a trip computer and some very useful electric seats with memory.’
- ‘Such was the level of luxury, with walnut dash detailing, trip computer and cruise control, that I was disappointed not to find heated seats to keep me toasted as I motored past the last pockets of snow on the fells.’
- ‘The instrument panel on the turbo includes trip computer and cruise control, and there is the option of adding a navigation system.’
- ‘There are changes to the interior too, including a new fascia, revised instrumentation and a trip computer.’
- ‘All come with trip computer, electric windows and mirrors, climate control and CD player.’
- ‘All models have remote central locking, front electric windows, a trip computer and doors which lock automatically above walking pace.’
- ‘The new larger body has a bigger cockpit but in base form it still sports velour seats and a simple instrument layout that doesn't even include a trip computer.’
- ‘Gauges and the trip computer are clear but the gear change is the greatest comfort element of all.’
- ‘Steering spoke controls for the CD-changer sound system are a welcome convenience, as is the trip computer that tracks (among other things) your average mpg and distance to empty.’
- ‘This Jag also has split fold rear seats, parking distance warning, a trip computer, satellite navigation and TV.’
- ‘All switchgear feels suitably tough, and it even boasts a trip computer, sunroof and alloys.’
- ‘While this is a big help towards achieving greater economy, it's certainly not as complete as the information that comes from an average trip computer in a car.’
- ‘I would have liked a more conventional instrument panel with a trip computer emphasising fuel consumption and range remaining.’
- ‘The $4000 optional pack gives you grey suede trim, electric sunroof, park distance control and trip computer.’
- ‘All controls are sited within easy reach, as is the Driver Information Centre with trip computer.’
- ‘This specification includes full leather upholstery, cruise control, automatic climate control, eight-way electric adjustment for both front seats, wood trim on the doors, and a trip computer with message centre.’
- ‘The estate comes with the same digital climate control, CD player with eight speakers, trip computer, electric windows and mirrors, and immobiliser as the hatch.’
- ‘Other specification additions include CD player, manual sunroof and trip computer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.