One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of monosaccharide sugars whose molecules contain three carbon atoms.
- ‘Since the pools of glycolysis intermediates are very low in plant cells in the absence of oxygen, it seems unlikely that MeG synthesis started at the level of hexoses (or trioses) phosphate.’
- ‘Carbon fixed during the day can be exported from the chloroplasts into the cytosol in the form of triose phosphates via the triose phosphate/phosphate translocator.’
- ‘These include triose phosphates from photosynthesis, the complete utilization of carbohydrate storage reserves in source tissues, and reserve mobilization from sink tissues.’
- ‘Most of the carbon fixed by mature leaves is exported from the chloroplast by the triose phosphate/phosphate translocator for subsequent utilization in sucrose and amino acid biosynthesis in the cytoplasm.’
- ‘In nature, the function is performed by the enzyme triose phosphate isomerase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.