Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to belief in the doctrine of the Trinity.
- ‘Thus, this work is a contribution to the development of Trinitarian doctrine, not an attempt at an authoritative explication of that doctrine.’
- ‘Even God's own Trinitarian life is relational.’
- ‘‘True union differentiates,’ as Teilhard de Chardin often emphasized and as Trinitarian theology has also always implied.’
- ‘He observes, first, that in recent years there has grown up a ‘research program’ which sets the ‘current Trinitarian agenda’ for many if not all theologians.’
- ‘Moreover, as Kennedy notes, to link the defense of orthodox, Trinitarian Christianity so thoroughly with assent to the doctrine of apostolic succession is regrettable.’
- ‘On Gunton's own reading, the bulk of the Christian tradition has tended not to conceive creation properly-that is, in Trinitarian terms.’
- ‘The incredible flowering of Trinitarian theology of recent years has frequently been a ‘functionalist’ flowering.’
- ‘They much admired Marius Victorinus, whose last years had been devoted to the deployment of Neoplatonic logic in defence of orthodox Trinitarian belief.’
- ‘Secondly, Trinitarian thought has enjoyed a revival of late precisely because theologians have shown its relevance to contemporary social concerns.’
- ‘The most pressing question becomes whether or not Watson's biblical theological approach can coexist peaceably with Vanhoozer's Trinitarian approach.’
- ‘That is to say, Trinitarian doctrine was moving towards formalization because it quite simply needed rules.’
- ‘This scheme dominates the present volume: the key to every problem is the tracing of this Trinitarian logic.’
- ‘Certainly, an important aspect of such recovery is its contribution to contemporary developments in Trinitarian thought.’
- ‘It is also valuable that they take seriously the feminist critiques of traditional, formulaic expressions of Trinitarian faith, and propose some helpfully specific alternate approaches.’
- ‘George's strong Trinitarian position will make dialogue with Muslims a bit difficult, but he explains the foundations for dialogue and presents his case strongly and with respect.’
- ‘At the very end of his treatment of the peregrinations of the doctrine of the Trinity in German Protestant thought, Powell sketches possible directions which future Trinitarian journeys might take.’
- ‘If this Trinitarian model of persuasion were to be adopted, what would some of the consequences be for the way we are the Church?’
- ‘In the first place, Orthodox Trinitarian doctrine cannot afford to emphasize either substance at the expense of personae or personae at the expense of substance.’
- ‘On the surface, Watson's emphasis on biblical theology and Vanhoozer's Trinitarian hermeneutics seem somewhat compatible, but there are crucial differences.’
- ‘Here he brings out a rather different flavour of reflection or the place of the Passion in Trinitarian theology from that of Bulgakov on the other theologians in this section.’
A person who believes in the doctrine of the Trinity.
- ‘There are some might say, well, he became God, or he is like God or he is a good example of God, but for the Trinitarians, he has always been God, and the father, son and spirit are that unity.’
- ‘It may be overstating it to find Augustine's genius primarily in his brilliant synthesis of the economic and metaphysical Trinitarians, as this synthesis was also a concern of most Pro- and Neo-Nicene theologians.’
- ‘As a springing forth of the Spirit of God back towards God, worship localizes the Trinitarian well.’
- ‘As these Enlightened Dissenters were Trinitarians, they felt the need to demonstrate and justify the rationality of the scriptures and the validity of Christ's messiahship.’
- ‘Like Judaism, Islam was a monotheistic and theocratic religion, not a Trinitarian one like Christianity.’
- ‘And this, perhaps, leaves the door open for the social Trinitarian to make the case that divine unity is not lost on his view after all.’
- ‘Yet it is undeniable that this intra-pentecostal dispute between Trinitarians and Oneness has serious theological and doctrinal implications for Pentecostal-evangelical relationships.’
- ‘An advance upon the Trinitarian thought of Athanasius and the Cappadocians, it is a conception of the doctrine that maintains ‘a continuity between theology and economy’.’
- ‘John Adams was a Unitarian, which Trinitarians abhorred as heresy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.