Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of or having three lines.
- ‘There has been a lot of discussion about our trilinear filtering algorithms recently.’
- ‘It also adds multi-texturing and trilinear texture filtering.’
- ‘Some viewed this as a combination of bilinear and trilinear filtering and dubbed it ‘brilinear.’’
- ‘The description of the 3 Jugs problem as a triple of quantities (x, y, z) fits nicely with trilinear coordinates.’
- ‘An index into the lattice between 0 and 1 returns three values using trilinear or tetrahedral interpolation that are then gamma-corrected.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.