Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of or having three lines.
- ‘Some viewed this as a combination of bilinear and trilinear filtering and dubbed it ‘brilinear.’’
- ‘The description of the 3 Jugs problem as a triple of quantities (x, y, z) fits nicely with trilinear coordinates.’
- ‘There has been a lot of discussion about our trilinear filtering algorithms recently.’
- ‘It also adds multi-texturing and trilinear texture filtering.’
- ‘An index into the lattice between 0 and 1 returns three values using trilinear or tetrahedral interpolation that are then gamma-corrected.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.