One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ester formed from glycerol and three fatty acid groups. Triglycerides are the main constituents of natural fats and oils.
- ‘A high-fat diet might also boost the cholesterol and triglycerides, or free fatty acids, in people's blood.’
- ‘The digestion of triglycerides to fatty acids also produces these ions.’
- ‘Fatty acids are translated to energy by the lipases, the enzymes that break triglycerides into three fatty acids and a glycerol molecule.’
- ‘Human sebaceous glands secrete a lipid mixture of mainly triglycerides, wax esters, free fatty acids, and squalene.’
- ‘The model suggests an answer to the question of how triglycerides and cholesterol esters get into and out of lipid particles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.