One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ester formed from glycerol and three fatty acid groups. Triglycerides are the main constituents of natural fats and oils.
- ‘The digestion of triglycerides to fatty acids also produces these ions.’
- ‘Human sebaceous glands secrete a lipid mixture of mainly triglycerides, wax esters, free fatty acids, and squalene.’
- ‘The model suggests an answer to the question of how triglycerides and cholesterol esters get into and out of lipid particles.’
- ‘A high-fat diet might also boost the cholesterol and triglycerides, or free fatty acids, in people's blood.’
- ‘Fatty acids are translated to energy by the lipases, the enzymes that break triglycerides into three fatty acids and a glycerol molecule.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.