Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A marine fish occurring chiefly in tropical inshore waters. It has a large stout dorsal spine which can be erected and locked into place, allowing the fish to wedge itself into crevices.
- ‘You get turtles, moray eels and titan triggerfish but not the variety of reef fish in the Red Sea or Indonesia, says John Bantin.’
- ‘In marine areas, species concentrations are highest around coral reefs, where butterflyfishes and angelfishes, wrasses, parrotfishes and triggerfishes are common.’
- ‘Both fish first expand their mouths to draw in water, but the puffer then pumps the water into its stomach, while the triggerfish opens its mouth and pumps the water back out.’
- ‘Among the dangerous creatures were moray eels, ‘and triggerfish nibbled at her feet‘.’
- ‘The oceanic triggerfish is a species found only in the tropical Red Sea.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.