Each of the fifth and largest pair of cranial nerves, supplying the front part of the head and dividing into the ophthalmic, maxillary, and mandibular nerves.
- ‘The circuit for this reflex comprises the trigeminal nerve, pons crossover, and motor innervation via the facial nerve.’
- ‘Loss of sensation in the distribution of the maxillary and mandibular divisions of the trigeminal nerve is usually well tolerated, as is the removal of the glenoid fossa.’
- ‘When this foramen is absent, the artery enters the foramen ovale, which is typically the foramen for the mandibular division of the trigeminal nerve.’
- ‘There is contiguous spread to the ipsilateral ACA and MCA via a perivascular plexus supplied by the ophthalmic division of the trigeminal nerve.’
- ‘The most frequently involved cranial nerve dermatome is the ophthalmic division of the trigeminal nerve.’