One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Out of his numerous mental troubles he concocted a new order of conduct which he called trigamy for the ‘female felicity and comfort.’’
- ‘This curious person, whose good works have already led him to commit trigamy, engages a band of actors to enter a dismal lodging house and play roles necessary to the happiness of the various inmates.’
- ‘Maran confirms this opinion by the comparison of the imposition on polygamy of the same number of years of penance as are assigned to trigamy in Canon iv.’
- ‘Many examples of banished noblemen could be given: among them, the grandson of Columbus, Luis, Duke of Veragua, who was condemned to ten years in Oran for trigamy and died there in 1573.’
- ‘She is not a woman to worry excessively about committing bigamy and now she is blithely preparing to move ahead into trigamy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.