One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Maran confirms this opinion by the comparison of the imposition on polygamy of the same number of years of penance as are assigned to trigamy in Canon iv.’
- ‘Many examples of banished noblemen could be given: among them, the grandson of Columbus, Luis, Duke of Veragua, who was condemned to ten years in Oran for trigamy and died there in 1573.’
- ‘She is not a woman to worry excessively about committing bigamy and now she is blithely preparing to move ahead into trigamy.’
- ‘This curious person, whose good works have already led him to commit trigamy, engages a band of actors to enter a dismal lodging house and play roles necessary to the happiness of the various inmates.’
- ‘Out of his numerous mental troubles he concocted a new order of conduct which he called trigamy for the ‘female felicity and comfort.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.