One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antipsychotic and sedative drug related to phenothiazine.
- ‘There has only been one trial of an antipsychotic drug, trifluoperazine, for generalised anxiety disorder.’
- ‘Haloperidol, chlorpromazine, trifluoperazine, pericycline, prochlorperazine, and fluphenazine are incriminated, but thioridazine may be the worst.’
- ‘They were treated with either continuous antipsychotic maintenance therapy or intermittent therapy using either haloperidol, chlorpromazine, trifluoperazine, or fluphenazine.’
- ‘For example, trifluoperazine was used this semester for the second time.’
- ‘While trifluoperazine was not associated with any toxic effects, only three cases were observed.’
1950s: from tri- + fluo(rine) + ( pi)perazine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.