Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The Latin Eucharistic liturgy used by the Roman Catholic Church from 1570 to 1964.
- ‘In the past, traditionalists' love for the Latin Tridentine mass has seen them split from Rome rather than give it up.’
- ‘To suggest that the Tridentine mass or whatever one might call it is Gregorian or Carolingian, again is simply not true.’
- ‘Their excitement was raised in the morning when Nathella said, ‘Why don't we go downtown this evening for a Tridentine mass?’
- ‘The Tridentine Mass has been allowed as a liturgical exception since 1984, but Catholics had to request permission from local bishops.’
- ‘The Pope is taking steps to revive the ancient tradition of the Latin Tridentine Mass in Catholic churches worldwide, according to sources in Rome.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.